Friday, September 21, 2012

Chester explains "good water"

Chester here! For a long time, my daddy wanted me to tell you about good water.  Today is when I'm going to tell you about good water and bad water.

See, bad water is located right next to the food in the kitchen. There's a HUGE chance that it will get dirty. And now that the Padawan cat learner is here, there's a worse chance than ever that the water will get yucky. We haven't gotten to the lesson on how to eat delicately, so he'll drop his food and then eat it off of the floor - ON PURPOSE!  Look at his face at the mention of  bad water. As you can see, even an apprentice cat won't touch the bad water.



Now, I'm going to tell you a story about good water so it helps you understand what I mean. It was my first New York City winter...and I was cold. I would sleep in mommy and daddy's bathroom on their soft bathmats to stay warm. One night, I woke up - not looking forward to the icky water - and there was a bowl of water a  few paws'-length away from me! I thought maybe I was having a dream but when I went to drink it, it was real! It was clean and fresh and I was so happy! Ever since then, I always go to the good water when I'm thirsty. (Dad put the water in the bathroom so Chester wouldn't haven't to walk to the kitchen for water when he was sleeping in the bathroom. By accident, we discovered what cats do in nature for water - they go to a stream or some other source of water, far away from their kill - mom.)

Mom tried to record me drinking good water - she doesn't understand I can't drink if someone is filming me! But here you can see how the water is in the bathroom, and not next to my food in the kitchen.



8 comments:

  1. Oh Chester we are glad you go to the good water - we didn't know there was naughty water - does it taste bad???
    Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chester! Nice to meet you. We agree bout good water, it's the best!MOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good lessons to learn, Chester. We don't blame you for not liking that icky water!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My furbabies prefer their water and dry food in the bathroom. I suspect it is because the bowls in the kitchen were too close to the trash can. Sissy likes her canned food on the counter. I obviously don't train them well, do I :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are so many water rules arent there? Gotta get them humans on board with the rules!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We tend to like to drink the water in the bedroom, but we also drink out of our fountain beside our food bowls.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is very, very valuable information. Thank you for explaining. purrs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey there, Chester! Come on over to Nerissa's Life later and check out YOUR NEW AWARD! purrs

    ReplyDelete