Friday, June 8, 2012

My First Year of Retirement

Exotic shorthair Chester here! Daddy is still asking questions about my time at the ball and all the cats I met IRL there. He's really enjoying matching the names of cats with their faces. I'm so happy that he's a cat person, now!

It's approaching one year in my furever home/retirement and both attending the ball and helping to make daddy a cat person are just two of my accomplishments to add to my rehzoomay. Wait a minute - aren't I supposed to be retired? I've been doing more in the past year than I was when I was a working cat! Many of you know that I have been a nurse to my mommy. Some of my other roles have been:

cleaning supervisor

body guard

and box inspector.

What are some of your jobs as a house cat/dog?


11 comments:

  1. Me is the human's security guard--I don't miss anything. I watch out the patio door all night and any sound out front immediately attracts my attention.

    Sissy is a paperweight :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so cool! I'm glad the house is safe and paper doesn't blow away from all of your efforts!

      Delete
  2. Right now, our job is to keep our mom relaxed and to make her happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are watch cats...watching for evil introoders that come into our yard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad about that - people don't watch their territory nearly enough!

      Delete
  4. We are knee warmers, bed hoggers and food eaters - she's always happy when we have been good (ahahahahahahaha)
    Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow o wow. You'll have to teach me the first two. I wasn't allowed to do those when I lived in the catteries but those are such important jobs for cats to have!

      Delete
  5. You are very talented! My job is taste tester ;)

    Licks,
    Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh boy, that sounds like a great job to have!

      Delete
  6. My jobs include water tester (I only drink from faucets and love to play with water) spokesperson for the four fur babies (I am the only exotic) and bodyguard for my 2 legged brother. I follow him everywhere (even into the bathtub) and rub on Mommy when she fusses at him to stop her. I slept under his bassinet to make sure Mommy tended to him immediately. I assist in testing all toys entering the house-human or feline- so I can share with my brother. I also help Mommy round up my brother for bedtime-I cuddle up with him and watch over him all night long. Lastly I lead by example my long-haired brother and 2 sisters. Love your site. Purs from Target.

    ReplyDelete