Saturday, March 10, 2012

Making Exotic Shorthair Chester feel welcome and comfortable

After Chester meditated (or whatever it was that he was doing!), he was ready to check things out. My husband was following my lead on what to do. After all, I grew up with cats! I said we should each introduce ourselves by taking turns rubbing his cheeks.


I was expecting Chester to run for cover under the futon after that. The cat expert at the cat show said Chester would be afraid to be in a new house and that he needed a safe room - well, in our case two safe rooms - and experience taught me that's what cats do. And...
poor Chester
 this was his third home, he was all ready to board a flight and then was bumped, and to make matters worse, he had to be separated from the other cats at the cattery the night before for fighting!

Well, he didn't hide under a bed...






2 comments: